Monday, July 20, 2015

Day 6 July 20

From the Profes.  Today's blog post is consisting of each student writing a sentence or two about their trip and messages to their families.  The students have been GREAT!!  And we have been enjoying ourselves. We went to Sensoria a primary rainforest area near Colonia Libertad.  We have had a busy day and will post on that activity tomorrow. Please enjoy the following video of Sensoria.



 Guess which one is directed at your family :)

1. Everything is going fine. Its beautiful here and I am having a great time. I miss the cat though and I hope she isn't driving you crazy. I am bringing home lots of chocolate.

2. Dearest Mother, I am dying. 'Tis a hot and painful death. Oh, the woes of memories past, pale in comparison to this pain. My last wish is that I live to see you all again. Your bombastic son.

3. I fink rat rem dogs be less voluptuous here.

4. Dear family, the trip so far has been awesome, and we have been well fed. I have many stories to tell. Can't wait to see you.

5. I miss you guys and can't wait to tell you about all of the amazing experiences. The experiment is going well, and Costa Rica is an incredible place.

6. Well... Today was interesting to say the least. My glasses were blown away by the wind and broke... So that's a big problem, but I'll get through it.

7. Hi guys, I'm doing great! We had an awesome time swimming today. Don't forget to take care of the guppies and tadpoles.

8. This is an amazing trip! My hair has gotten wet. A lot. Shout out to Amber and her straight hair!

9.  Dear family, this has been a pretty fantastic way to spend a birthday. Hope Lizzy and Caroline didn't miss me at camp too much. Tell Mini I miss her and will be home to cuddle soon.

10. Padre and dog; Costa Rica is fun. Please go pick up my state patch. (notice how the last sentence was not a question).

11. Hola famila, yo solo hablo espanol. . . Costa Rica es increíble. Yo estoy haciendo un tiempo bueno. Te amo, y hasta pronto, y te extrano. Recorges mis pepinos ;) por favor... por supuesto.

12. I'm having a great time. Costa Rica is incredible, and I'm even struggling through the absence of gluten. Give Bailey a pat for me.

13. Costa Rica is beautiful and amazing and I love it and the food is too good for life and there are dogs everywhere and I'm not coming home. Sorry. Adios para siempre.

14. This experience has been amazing. Trying my Spanish out on people who actually speak it for a living has been really fun and it has been testing my immersion school skills. Me amo mucho!

15. Hello everyone! There is never a dull, or quiet, moment here in Costa Rica.... saw a basilisk today, and an armadillo yesterday- it was so cute! Hope you all are having an amazing week! See you in a bit-Me ( :



15 comments:

  1. I'm guessing Maia is #13? Adios darling! Can we come visit you someday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey #7, glad to hear you are doing great & wish we were in Costa Rica with you. The little toads have been photographed and set free to forage down by the creek. Fish got a fresh tank last night. Aunt Laureen says to say "hi" to the monkeys for her. Miss you. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know #3 is Mason. Mom thought #2. From your brother Wyatt

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are guessing 4 or 5. We miss you Alex! Can't wait to hear about your adventures! Gizmo misses you and is looking for you. She is trying to use her mind control tactics on us since you aren't here- to no avail. Uncle Brant sprained his thumb playing baseball. They thought he broke it like you.
    Many thanks to Mr. Doleman, Ms.Leland, Mr. Finck, and Professors Pinto and Curry for giving you the chance to learn and grow and explore in a beautiful place. They worked hard to create a wonderful program.
    Gotta run. Something tells me Gizmo needs treats. She is wasting away while you are gone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Emma, Willliam and Lydia think you are #4, mom and dad think it is #15 and are worried that you are meeting magical Harry Potter creatures in the jungle 😊 ! Miss you, have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emma - dina gurkor mår bra ! Kärlek - din familj . (You'll have to use google translate like we did!)

      Delete
  6. Hi NIck! We miss you so much - especially Alex! Can't wait to see all your pics on the LG ULTRA 4K! Amber and Kayla went cliff jumping in Duluth! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. #14 is Isaac? At first we thought the Spanish comment was Isaac but we know he doesn't have any cucumbers at home waiting for him to take care of.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Miss you #12! Glad you're having a good time. We'll turn you GF yet! 😉

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bolt misses you!
    He is the most voluptuous of all dogs!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Pranav we think # 6 is you. Hope you are able to manage with what left of your glasses. We are glad to see that you are all having great time, experience and enjoying the amazing food. We can't wait for you to come back and make some of those yummy home made tortillas. Take care and have fun.
    Love
    Mom, Dad and Raghav

    ReplyDelete
  11. #7 – I hope you were scoping out some new fishing spots during your swim! All the animals at home are doing well, though I think Java wonders where you are. I can’t wait to hear about all your adventures when you return. We miss you! Kayla sends her love. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Abby - Happy belated golden birthday! We all missed you at Crosslake. Enjoy the rest of your trip. It will pass too quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete